Official operation of Shahid sattari station, line 6 of Tehran metro
The official opening of the northeastern entrance of Shahid sattari station in Tehran metro line 6, is another outstanding and effective engineering service of Behro Consulting Engineers in the Tehran and other Iran’s metropolises metro network. This station was inaugurated and put into operation on saturday, March 13th.
Shahid Sattari (V6) Station is the 22th station of Tehran Metro Line 6, which will be opened in the first phase of operation of Phase 2 of Line 6. This station is located in the area of Sattari Highway and the intersection of Hakim Highway and Central Payambar Street in District 5 of Tehran Municipality.
The opening of this station will reduce number of passengers in Sadeghieh and Eram-e Sabz metro stations and will provide access to the central and southeastern areas for citizens of west and northwest of Tehran the through Tarbiat Modarres station on line 7. With the opening of Shahid Sattari station and demobilization of its workshop, the space around Behnam Square and the existing park will be made available to the public again.
General specifications of the station:
The station is located at a depth of about 21 m. In addition, the special equipment and other facilities of this station will be completed and put into operation at the same time as the opening of this station. The main equipment such as escalators, elevators, power supply systems of stations and railway lines, as well as tunnel and station ventilation are built inside country and are produced, installed and commissioned with the highest available standards. In Phase 2 of Line 6 operation, Shahid Sattari station is the last station of the line. Simultaneously with the opening of this station, tunnel ventilation system and air conditioning of station and office spaces, water fire extinguishing system, telecommunication system, video surveillance and power stations of the station will be put into operation.
- Platform Length: 140 m
- Construction Method: Underground - Rib method
- Area: about 8,600 m2
- Station depth: 21 m
- No. of entrances: 2, which one of them has not yet been acquired
- All active ventilators at the time of opening: 3 (2 in tunnel and 1 in station)
- Cooling and heating system for office spaces: VRF
- Number of escalators installed for opening: 6
- Number of elevators installed for opening: 6
- Cut: 93,000 m3
- Reinforcement: 3,200 tones
- Concrete: 24,000 m3
- Stone work: 6,200 m2
Special works that have been done in the construction of this station:
- Vibration measurement and implementation of vibration absorbing pads in the vicinity of station and adjacent tunnels
- Passage of north kiosk passenger transport gallery, ventilation galleries and part of main structure of station below Hakim Highway transversely
- Completing the Building Condition Survey (BCS) to provide evidence in case of damage and perform risk analysis of buildings adjacent to station
- Performing instrumentation operations including installing surface and building survey pins on the ground due to its proximity to Hakim Highway, Behesht buildings and power substation.
- Execution of consolidation operations with traditional injection methods and identification and filling of cavities with foam concrete